Central Delaware Habitat for Humanity partners with working families and the community to build affordable ownership homes in Kent County, Delaware. We rely on the generous donations of individuals, businesses, civic organizations, faith groups and private foundations to accomplish our mission. Affordable housing is critical to the education, health, and economic success of Kent County residents. Your tax-deductible charitable donation will make a lasting impact on the lives of hard-working local families, unlocking the doors to a brighter future.
Your donation will be put to work immediately, helping us purchase building materials such as:
- $25 buys a box of nails…to bring strength and stability
- $50 buys an interior door…for a child to do homework in the quiet of their own room
- $100 buys a window…to open and let the fresh air in
- $150 buys a front door…to welcome new neighbors and new possibilities
- $250 buys cabinets…for after-school snacks and dinner dishes
- $500 buys light fixtures throughout the house…to brighten lives
- $1,000 buys trusses for the roof…to give support and security
Why support Habitat financially?
Habitat homes are so much more than just walls and a roof. They represent hope to hard-working, local families in need. They represent stability, security, and peace of mind. But did you know that homeownership doesn’t just affect parents? It greatly affects their children and the community in general in real, tangible ways proven statistically in many national studies.
- The children of homeowners do better in school and are more successful later in life.
- Homeownership acts as a powerful economic stimulus, benefiting the individual homeowner and the national economy.
- Homeownership benefits neighborhoods, providing economic and social capital. Homeowners are more likely to participate in local organizations, and homeownership in distressed communities raises neighborhood property values by a significant amount.
- Homeowners state that they are more satisfied with their living situation than renters.
In-Kind & Material Donations
In-kind and materials donations to Central Delaware Habitat help offset our costs and allow us to put more funding towards building more homes. We accept a variety of construction materials and services to help offset our costs and use that funding to build more homes. Contact the Executive Director at 302-526-2366 for more information.
New and Used Goods to the Central Delaware Habitat ReStore
Our ReStore, located at 544 Webbs Lane in Dover, gladly accepts tax-deductible donations of usable, new and used building materials, fixtures, equipment and appliances in 100% working condition from contractors and builders, remodeling jobs, and business closeouts.
We also appreciate donations of items in good condition from your home such as furniture, lamps, both large and small appliances, cabinetry, tools, decorative items and more. All proceeds from the ReStore go towards the construction of more Habitat homes. Volunteers are also needed to pick up donated items, clean donated goods, arrange displays and help customers.